Friday, May 22, 2009

Arisha Pitha-Orissa Special




Ingredients:

2 cups rice
2 cup brown sugar/jaggery (guda)
½ litre ghee/refined cooking oil

Method:

Soak the rice in water for about 2 to 3 hours.
Wash it with water and then drain all the water.
Keep the rice in room temperature to dry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Grind it to make a semi-rough powder of it by using a grinder.
Heat ½ cup of water and add jaggery.
As you go on stirring on medium flame, the boiling water forms a syrup.
The syrup should be consistent.
Slowly add rice powder to the syrup and stir continuously to form a batter.
Take the batter in small portions and flatten the same with the help of your palms in the shape of small thick puris. Fry them in ghee/oil till done.
Take them out and serve hot.
The pitha also tastes great when served after cooling.
You may also preserved it in room temperature for about 3-4 weeks.

6 comments:

  1. it is one of my favourite
    thanks mugdha for sharing ur ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. its my favorite sweet.... means Arisha pitha... kash me orissa me hota..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this, but its breaking into powder after putting into oil. Any idea,why?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm... I tried it! it is a hit! thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my first attempt I was not successful but later I done it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for visiting my blog,your comments will be more helpfull for me...Hope to see U again...:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget