Thursday, September 29, 2011

Muruku/Mudki/Chakli

Hello friends..im soo sorry for posting lately for this week's blog hop...i was unable to open blogger.com from my browsers from yesterday...now finally able to post it...:)

This is the 5th week for Blog Hop Wednesdays and im paired with a very nice Blogger Friend Bhagyashree..She has a gr8 space there...When i was searching for a recipe from her posts, i saw this muruku and it reminds me all my childhood days..soon i decided to make this out for the blog hop...:-)
I made lil variation to the original recipe...so u can check Bhagyashree's recipe here..:-)


Ingredients

Chakli Maker
1/4 Cup Urad Dal(Spilt black gram..skinned)
1 Cup Rice Flour
1 tbsp Cold Butter
1/4 tsp Hing(Asafoetida)
1/4 tsp Bhuna Jeera powder(roasted Cumin seeds powder)
Salt to taste
Oil

Method

Roast the dal till it turns light brown in color..
Cool and grind to a fine powder.
Mix rice flour, urad dal powder, salt and roasted cumin seeds powder in a bowl.
Add the cold butter in to it and mix in ur hand to get breadcrumb like consistency.
Dissolve the hing in lil water and add this to the above mix.
Add some more water to get a firm but soft dough.
Prepare the chakli maker by oiling it.
Fill the dough within the maker and press them through and try to shape them as circles on a oiled plastic sheet.
Keep for 2 mins.
Heat oil in a kadai and fry these murukus in medium heat till their color changes to light brown.
Drain them in kitchen towel and let them cool before storing in the air tight jars..
Serve as snacks with tea or have it as it is...enjoy...:-)

See what my other Blog Hoppers are doing here..:-)

20 comments:

  1. Perfect, crispy chaklis!!! Bhuna jeera gives it a nice flavor...
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...pass d plate dear..will love to munch with my hot cuppa coffee watching rain now..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and crispy murukku, perfect with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need one for my evening tea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, just perfect. I have linked it Mugdha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks crispy and yum! good effort!

    cheers, priya

    do check out my blog anniversary giveaways
    http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/09/now-serving-turns-one-today-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely crispy snack..
    you had an award dear..
    intimated you in your previous post..
    Check my previous post,Pls unfollow my previous URL and follow the new if you re finding difficult to see updates..

    ReplyDelete
  8. An all time fav ~ they came out perfect!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...perfect snack for munching all day...

    ReplyDelete
  10. My all time favourite, looks soo crispy n prefect..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious and crispy murukku
    www.rajafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Has come out so perfect and nice shape. Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this perfectly shaped murukku.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi mugdha. i had a problem a few days ago on my other blog and still not ok.
    muruku is one of my favorite snacks, especially if its extra hot and spicy. now i know how the process is done.
    I have tagged you in a short game, where you have to publish the links on your own 3 favorite recipes.
    I think this is a good way to get visitors attention.
    There is no award here. Do come over. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi MUGDHA!this is vary delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for visiting my blog,your comments will be more helpfull for me...Hope to see U again...:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Bird Gadget