- 800 grams of chicken.
- 2 Cups slightly sour curd .
- ½ Cup cashew nut paste .
- 4 cloves .
- ½ tsp turmeric powder .
- 1 tbsp each of ginger, garlic and green chilly pastes .
- 1 tsp each of cumin and coriander powders .
- 1 cardamom crushed .
- 1 tbsp ghee / butter .
- Salt to taste .
Golden brown fried onion rings, fresh cream and finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Heat ghee / butter in a heavy-bottomed pan on medium level till hot.
- Add the ginger-garlic and chilly pastes and fry for a few more seconds.
- Add curd and fry on medium level for about 3 minute(s).
- Add the chicken pieces, little water and mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium level for about 15 minutes or till the chicken is half - cooked.
- Add the cashew nut paste and fry for a little while.
- Add water as required and sprinkle salt to taste. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or till the chicken is tenderized and the gravy is thick.
- Garnish with golden brown fried onion rings, fresh cream and finely chopped coriander.
- Soak cashew nuts in water for 1/2 hour or so before making a paste. Alternatively, the cashew nut paste can be replaced by either grinding fried poppy seeds or grated coconut.
- For best results, ghee should be used as the cooking medium.